Roles and Responsibilities
Due to continued growth within Apex Construction and Developments Ltd, we currently have a vacancy for an experienced Construction Estimator to join our growing team based in Cheshire.
We're looking for a 'can-do' person to support the business in preparing accurate and competitive estimates & tenders to help win new work for the Company.
Our ideal candidate will embrace the responsibility of making sure orders are fulfilled within agreed timescales and to the correct specifications, and most importantly ensure all work undertaken is completed to our customer’s complete satisfaction.
Necessary Skills & Attributes
· Proven experience of working in a construction and fit out environment.
· Adapts willingly, can work to tight timelines and maintain a high level of attention to detail
· Understanding of day-to-day matters arising within a Construction/Contracting environment and how to
effectively resolve problems that arise.
· Excellent communication skills at all levels & IT literate
· Proven ability to work effectively across teams, and communicate effectively at all levels.
· Strong influencing, negotiation & relationship management skills
Apex Construction and Developments was formed in 2009. It is a family run business with a passion for high quality and great building. The company is completely self funded and enjoys double digit growth every year.
Our growth projections for the next 3 years is in the region of 3000% with exciting projects coming from across the private sector and family estates. We our proud of our reputation and the work we get is primarily driven through recommendation and word of mouth.
We have some exciting plans for growth and at the heart of it all is a great team. We are working hard to develop our process’ and recruit strong and dedicated candidates to work with us for the long term.
· To produce detailed estimates including breakdown and cost analysis.
· To analyse enquiry documents for the issue of sub-contract packages.
· Prepare enquiries and obtain quotations from sub-contractors/suppliers.
· Assess labour costs, and Price preliminary elements, including compliance with all Management Systems,
Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance Policies
· Undertake any cost amendments in a timely manner.
· Prepare tender and final contract budgets.
· To undertake site surveys, attend site meetings with the client/s and any 3rd party contractors as appropriate.
· Production of accurate and detailed estimates & quotations, in line with company operating systems.
· To manage and prepare tenders accurately, on-time and in-line with tender specifications. Carry out tender
surveys either individually or in conjunction with Senior Management.
· Efficient and competitive procurement of materials and services as required, with supplier/sub-contractor prices
checked & detailed Purchase Orders completed, detailing all relevant information regarding the work to be
undertaken and timings to be met.